Call Now (602) 899-5177
Not a single person intends to misplace the car keys of her or his Pontiac. Replacing the lost car key is far easier than you may be thinking. AZ Car Keys are less costly than auto dealerships for Pontiac car keys in Phoenix.
Pontiac Car Key Replacement In Phoenix, AZ
There are several types of Pontiac car keys, in fact, just as many as the number of Pontiac models existing in the market. Like other car owners, those who have Pontiac cars may require car key replacements for various obvious reasons. Locksmiths do their best to offer different methods of repairing, replacing or duplicating car keys. There are many such locksmiths and locksmith businesses; finding one should not be an overwhelming process. It is also important to keenly review the services you get and ensure you get the right car key for your Pontiac. Here is a brief description of the existing types of Pontiac car keys and models:
The Pontiac model
Pontiac used to be a great car model produced by GM and the existing cars are still powerful although production of this line for cars ended back in 2009. As some of the cars that were assembled during a time of advanced computing technology, Pontiac car keys depict broad variety ranging from programmable keys to the basic conventional car lock keys. The most popular models are Pontiac G3, G5, G6, G8, Solstice, Torrent and Vibe. The first Pontiac was made back in 1926 while the recent was only released in 2009. This means there are numerous different types of Pontiac car keys. The basic ones include the following;
• Basic car ignition keys – Like the name suggests, these keys are nothing different than the conventional car keys used in most SUVs. They feature the steel that goes into the ignition to start the car’s engine.
• Door keys – These are the keys used to open the front and back doors. Usually, one key can open all the doors to your Pontiac and most models come with an extra key for the doors. These keys are often attached to an automated switch that can be used to open/lock the doors or trigger the alarm.
• Boot key – This key is used to open the storage compartment in the boot section.
Apart from these basic keys, Pontiacs may feature different types of keys based on the technology used. You can find programmable keys that can only start the car once a specific set of codes is entered on a provided display. The specific codes are only applicable for that particular key and car. Such keys are also reprogrammable when you lose or forget the required entry.
Why would you need another key?
There are several reasons for getting an extra Pontiac car key although these reasons must be clearly stated when seeking the service especially if you have a reprogrammable model. You may need an extra key if;
• You have lost your original set of Pontiac car keys
• You are in need of a duplicate key for your Pontiac (must be the owner of the car)
• Part of your Pontiac car keys is broken or bended to a point of dysfunction
• You need another replacement Pontiac car key for your spouse or family member
• You want to extract your original key from the ignition lock
• You need the chip key reprogrammed
There are other personal reasons for another key. Regardless of the reasons, it is important to consult professional locksmiths to handle the work.
Choosing AZ Car Keys
As aforementioned, there are different types of Pontiac car models and this automatically presents different types of keys for those models. Each model comes with its unique set of keys which may get lost or damaged. Should you ever need replacements, rekeying or reprogramming, it is advisable to choose AZ Car Keys who can guarantee top quality services. Review all the aspects of good reputation, reliability, competitive affordability, experience, flexibility and convenience as well as professionalism, customer service and technical knowledge. Key replacing is a delicate procedure that requires precaution. It may be necessary to replace the entire lock-key system. This will ensure the lost key is incapable of opening your car anymore.
One good thing about car keys is that you can always upgrade your old system into something modern and more secure. If you have an old Pontiac car model that uses less secure keys anyone can duplicate, you should consider upgrading them. While replacing ignition keys may be a lot difficult, you can always replace the door locks and prevent first level entry. It is also advisable to have different keys for the ignition and door lock.
- Custom S
- Grand Safari
- Le Mans
- mid-90’s Grand Prix
- Montana minivan
- Star Chief 1955
- Trans Sport
- 1936 Master Six Coupe
- 1948 Silver Streak Convertible Coupe
- 1956 Canadian Pathfinder Sedan Delivery
- 1959 Bonneville
- 1964 Bonneville Brougham
- 1969 GTO convertible
- 1973 Grand Am
- 1975 Astre
- 1975 Grand Ville
- 1985 Firebird Trans-Am
- 1985 Fiero Sport Coupe
Call Now (602) 899-5177
Submit your review
Lost my G6 key on a hike. I found these guys online and am happy I did. They came and had my new key in my hand in less than an hour and a half. Number saved!